“TECHcessory” The Power of Purple: Feel Good, Do Good
Technology makes our daily lives easier. I’d be lost without my smart phone, my plethora of apps and gadgets. They have become my personal accessories, much like a string of pearls was back in the 1950s. Nary a meal passes without me posting a photo of what I am about to eat. Technology makes it possible for me to check in at airports, get directions to where I’m going, make hotel reservations, book flights and stay on task all at my fingertips.
From boosting my wifi connection to getting crystal clear sound on my wireless headset, my gadgets improve the quality of my day.
And then, there are products with a purpose. October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and Verizon Wireless is featuring some it’s top-selling accessories in purple, packed with a HopeLine logo and messaging about domestic violence prevention. They will donate $3.00 to domestic violence prevention for every Hopeline-branded accessory you purchase during the month of October.
So, what is my “TECHcessory” for October? The Purple LG Tone Pro wireless stereo headset. While I love every new tech product that hits the market, if it’s not user friendly count me out. The Tone Pro is as easy as turning the switch to on and connecting to Bluetooth. I did it on the first try, no Midlife meltdown in sight.
It’s comfortable, it is simple and it works. Add to that, a donation to Domestic Violence Awareness and there is no better purple accessory than one that sends a message of hope.
Verizon is committed to helping the nearly one in four women, one in seven men and more than million children in the United States affected by domestic violence. They collect no-longer-used wireless phones and accessories and turn them into support for domestic violence organizations nationwide. Through HopeLine, they have donated hundreds of thousands of phones and awarded millions of dollars in cash grants to their partner agencies.
Wireless phones and technology serve as a vital link for all of us. They’re also an especially safe and reliable way for domestic violence victims and survivors to reach emergency or support services in times of crisis and stay connected with employers, family and friends.
How to Donate a Wireless Phone
You can donate no-longer-used phones and accessories in any condition from any wireless provider at any Verizon Wireless Communications Store, through a HopeLine® phone drive, or through the mail. Just follow these simple steps:
- Erase any data from the phone and disconnect the device’s service with your wireless provider.
- Remove any storage cards (microSD, etc.) and SIM cards from the phone, and be sure to include any travel chargers or other accessories that came with the device that you no longer need.
- Turn the phone’s power off.
- Make sure the phone’s batteries are installed in the phone. Please do not include any loose batteries.
- If you’re mailing in the phone and accessories, pack them up and seal the package securely. Print out the postage-paid label (with your return address filled in) and attach it to the box or envelope. Then, just drop it in the mail.
Print a Postage-Paid Mailing Label