Knowing that I’m a fan of chicken, bacon, and jalapeños, one of my Facebook friends recently shared a recipe for Bacon BBQ Chicken Bombs. Intrigued with the concept and the photos, I decided to make my own version of a chicken bomb – Bacon Wrapped Chicken Cordon Bleu Bombs!
I love working with Sanderson Farms and developing recipes with their products. Their Thinly Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets are perfect for this recipe as they don’t have to be sliced or pounded with a mallet before rolling them up with the other ingredients. Not only that, as with all Sanderson Farms products, the chickens are not raised in cages and contain no antibiotics, hormones, or steroids!
- 4 Sanderson Farms Thinly Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
- 4 Jalapeños
- 6 oz of Bleu cheese
- 8 slices of swiss cheese
- 8 slices of thinly sliced deli ham
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lay chicken fillets on table.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the fillets
- Cover the chicken with two pieces of ham.
- Cover the ham and chicken with two slices of swiss cheese.
- Slice the jalapeños lengthwise.
- Hollow out each jalapeño and stuff with bleu cheese.
- For extra heat, leave the jalapeño seeds inside the pepper.
- Put the two cheese stuffed halves back together.
- Place the jalapeño at one end of the chicken ham and cheese.
- Roll it up and wrap with two slices of bacon
- Tuck the last end of the bacon back into itself to close the bomb.
- Place the bombs in a glass baking pan.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from pan and sear in a skillet to brown the bacon.
- Let the bombs sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
What ingredients would you use to make a chicken bomb?