I love to cook. Couple that with spending time with my family in the kitchen and it’s a recipe for success. I have a 14-year-old. Getting her interested in preparing good, healthy ingredients has become a favorite pastime, combining my two of my passions, family, and food. Sanderson Farms makes it easy with 100% natural, farm to market never frozen chicken, with no hidden ingredients.
One rainy afternoon, we rolled up our sleeves and decided to create a healthy snack that would satisfy us both. What resulted was a crispy, Sanderson Farms chicken wonton that we both loved. Best of all, it was quick and easy to make.
1 large boneless skinless Sanderson Farms chicken breast
3/4 cup chicken stock
1 tsp of curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp garlic powder
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp sriracha
1 shallot finely minced
1 tbsp finely chopped chives
1/4 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
1/4 cup cream cheese
oil for frying (peanut oil works well)
1 package store-bought wonton wrappers
- Season Sanderson Farms chicken breast with curry powder, turmeric, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil in a saucepan, put chicken breast in, reduce heat to simmer and cover until chicken is cooked through, approximately 15-minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breast.
- Remove chicken from saucepan and let cool.
- Mince the chicken breast. Combine minced chicken with sriracha, shallot, chives, ginger and cream cheese.
- Place 1 tsp of the chicken mixture in the center of a single wonton. Note: Keep the extra wontons covered until ready to fill as they will dry out quickly.
- Use egg wash or water on all four sides as a sealant.
- Fold into a triangle, pressing to seal the edges. Bring the two opposing ends of the triangle together, use the egg wash to seal and press.
- Place filled and folded wontons into 1″ to 1 1/2″ of heated oil and fry until a light golden brown.
- Makes 18-24 wontons
Eat and enjoy!
What healthy snacks do you like to make?