Now that fall has arrived, it’s time to whip up a few seasonal treats. Here’s a twist on the classic pumpkin pie. This Pumpkin Pie Pinwheel recipe is so simple it doesn’t require a fork. No Trick, all Treat!
2 pie crusts, store-bought or a recipe of your choice
1 cup mashed pumpkin (remove moisture by setting on paper towels)
3 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 egg white, beaten
¼ cup canned cream cheese frosting
Directions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll pie crusts onto a greased cookie sheet.
In a small bowl, combine pumpkin, 3 tablespoons of whipped cream cheese, 1/4 cup white sugar, 2 tsp. cinnamon and 1 tsp. nutmeg. Spread pumpkin filling evenly on the two pie crusts.
Roll up pie crusts. Brush each side with egg white.
In a small bowl, stir together ¼ cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly on top of rolls.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
Meanwhile, melt the frosting in microwave, and use to drizzle as desired over finished rolls.
Once cooled, slice the rolls into ½ inch thick pinwheels.
Makes about 20 pinwheels.
Please be sure you join us on Twitter this Sunday (October 28th) during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (Eastern) for the #SundaySupper live chat talking about all things Halloween. Just follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow on TweetChat.
Check out these delicious Halloween inspired dishes from the #SundaySupper cooks and bakers!
- Bewitching Brews:
- Shrunken Heads in Cider - Girlichef
- Candy Corn Martini - The Messy Baker Blog
- Trick-or-Treat Wine Pairings for Halloween - ENOFYLZ
- Steak Bites with Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce - I Run for Wine
- Eggs in Purgatory - My Catholic Kitchen
- Mini Jack-o’-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pies - Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs - In the Kitchen with KP
- Meat Head - Ruffles & Truffles
- Goblin Eggs - Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mummy Hot Dogs - Damn Delicious
- Spooky Kid Pizzas - Sustainable Dad
- Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Dip, & Wicken Witch’s Brew - Daddy Knows Less
- Monster Mash - Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Sloppy Worm Sandwiches - La Cocina de Leslie
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream - The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Spooky Ogre Eye Cookies - The Realistic Nutritionist
- Jack O’ Lantern Cookies - Magnolia Days
- Spooky Good Popcorn Snack Mix - The Weekend Gourment
- White Chocolate & Coconut Dipped Strawberry Ghosts - Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Monster Bites - Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vegan Halloween Sugar Cookies - Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Monster Cookies - Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Tunnel of Doom Cake - That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy-Stuffed Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins - Chocolate Moosey
- Crispy Graham Bones - The Meltaways
- Dulce de Leche Bat Cookies - Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Witch’s Fingers - Noshing with The Nolands
- Sweet Intestines with Broken Glass - The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Graveyard Brownies - The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Boo Candy Corn & Chocolate Chip Cookies - Hip Foodie Mom
- Bleeding Devil Cakes - Momma’s Meals
- Pumpkin Halloween Munch - Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cake Pops - Juanita’s Cocina
- Jack-O-Lantern Carrot Cake - Galactosemia in PDX
- Ghostly Chocolate Orange Tarts - Happy Baking Days
- Messy Monster Cookies - MarocMama
- Bewitchingly Delicious Butterscotch Broomstick Cake Pops - Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Halloween Popcorn Cake - Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Witches Morning Gruel - In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Ghosts - Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peanut Butter Candy Bar Cookies - The Cookie A Day Challenge
- Monster Cookie Revel Bars - Baker Street
- Halloween Cereal Bars - Basic N Delicious
- Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) - Webicurean
- Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels - Midlife Road Trip