Now that fall has arrived, it’s time to whip up a few seasonal treats. Here’s a twist on the classic pumpkin pie. This Pumpkin Pie Pinwheel recipe is so simple it doesn’t require a fork. No Trick, all Treat!
2 pie crusts, store-bought or a recipe of your choice
1 cup mashed pumpkin (remove moisture by setting on paper towels)
3 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 egg white, beaten
¼ cup canned cream cheese frosting
Directions: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll pie crusts onto a greased cookie sheet.
In a small bowl, combine pumpkin, 3 tablespoons of whipped cream cheese, 1/4 cup white sugar, 2 tsp. cinnamon and 1 tsp. nutmeg. Spread pumpkin filling evenly on the two pie crusts.
Roll up pie crusts. Brush each side with egg white.
In a small bowl, stir together ¼ cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly on top of rolls.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden.
Meanwhile, melt the frosting in microwave, and use to drizzle as desired over finished rolls.
Once cooled, slice the rolls into ½ inch thick pinwheels.
Makes about 20 pinwheels.
[portfolio_slideshow id=11398]This mouth-watering seasonal favorite is adapted from an original recipe by one of our very talented MidLife Road Trip interns and budding baker, Jessica Kemper. Jessica is enrolled at USF St. Petersburg, majoring in Journalism and Mass Communications.
Please be sure you join us on Twitter this Sunday (October 28th) during #SundaySupper. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 pm (Eastern) for the #SundaySupper live chat talking about all things Halloween. Just follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, or you can follow on TweetChat.
Check out these delicious Halloween inspired dishes from the #SundaySupper cooks and bakers!
- Bewitching Brews:
- Shrunken Heads in Cider – Girlichef
- Candy Corn Martini – The Messy Baker Blog
- Trick-or-Treat Wine Pairings for Halloween – ENOFYLZ
- Steak Bites with Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce – I Run for Wine
- Eggs in Purgatory – My Catholic Kitchen
- Mini Jack-o’-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pies – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs – In the Kitchen with KP
- Meat Head – Ruffles & Truffles
- Goblin Eggs – Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mummy Hot Dogs – Damn Delicious
- Spooky Kid Pizzas – Sustainable Dad
- Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Dip, & Wicken Witch’s Brew – Daddy Knows Less
- Monster Mash – Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Sloppy Worm Sandwiches – La Cocina de Leslie
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Spooky Ogre Eye Cookies – The Realistic Nutritionist
- Jack O’ Lantern Cookies – Magnolia Days
- Spooky Good Popcorn Snack Mix – The Weekend Gourment
- White Chocolate & Coconut Dipped Strawberry Ghosts – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Monster Bites – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vegan Halloween Sugar Cookies – Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Monster Cookies – Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Tunnel of Doom Cake – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy-Stuffed Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins – Chocolate Moosey
- Crispy Graham Bones – The Meltaways
- Dulce de Leche Bat Cookies – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Witch’s Fingers – Noshing with The Nolands
- Sweet Intestines with Broken Glass – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Graveyard Brownies – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Boo Candy Corn & Chocolate Chip Cookies – Hip Foodie Mom
- Bleeding Devil Cakes – Momma’s Meals
- Pumpkin Halloween Munch – Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cake Pops – Juanita’s Cocina
- Jack-O-Lantern Carrot Cake – Galactosemia in PDX
- Ghostly Chocolate Orange Tarts – Happy Baking Days
- Messy Monster Cookies – MarocMama
- Bewitchingly Delicious Butterscotch Broomstick Cake Pops – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Halloween Popcorn Cake – Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Witches Morning Gruel – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Ghosts – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peanut Butter Candy Bar Cookies – The Cookie A Day Challenge
- Monster Cookie Revel Bars – Baker Street
- Halloween Cereal Bars – Basic N Delicious
- Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) – Webicurean
- Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels – Midlife Road Trip