What could be better than a #SundaySupper that is simple to make, has fresh ingredients and is good for you? This recipe for a Simple, Healthy, Light and Lemony Fettuccine had me at “simple’. When you travel as often as we do, the last thing on your mind when you’ve traversed time zones is to come back home and cook a complex dinner. And, while I may have traveled around the world, my family didn’t and they are eagerly awaiting my return to prepare a home cooked meal. Jet lag means nothing to them.
Our travels inspire many of the dishes we recreate at home for our families. Italy is always a favorite of ours and no matter how often we go, we return inspired.
This particular dish was influenced by the lemons of the Amalfi Coast. As you can see, they’re almost as big as your head!
1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced
1 shallot minced
1 head of cauliflower
3 medium zucchini
Fresh-squeezed juice from one large lemon
Fresh basil for garnish
Goat or Parmesan Cheese
Prepare fettuccine al dente (according to package instructions)
In a dutch oven heat olive oil. Add minced garlic and shallots. Heat through until translucent.
Chop cauliflower into bite size pieces. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, and then in half again, then into quarters. Add to the dutch oven and cook through.
Once the cauliflower and zucchini are cooked al dente add in the fettuccine, a little at a time.
Squeeze in the juice of one large lemon and toss. Add salt, pepper and additional olive oil to taste. Sprinkle (douse) with parmesan cheese).
For a creamier, slightly heavier meal I’ll add goat cheese instead of the parmesan.
Appetizers and Soups
- Borscht from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Cheesy Garlic Crescent Rolls from Wallflour Girl
- Cheesy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms from Runner’s Tales
- Creamy Zucchini Soup from Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Garlic Chili Tiger Prawns from Food Lust People Love
- Honey Bacon Ranch Boneless Chicken Wings from From Gate to Plate
- Lion’s Head Meatball Soup from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- New England Seafood Chowder from Curious Cuisiniere
- Potato and Carrot Leek Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Steve’s Crab Dip from Monica’s Table
- Almond Breaded Pork Chops from Casa de Crews
- Beef Roast Dinner from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Bourbon Glazed Porkchops from Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Cauliflower Tetrazzini from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Pot Pie from Feeding Big and more
- Chicken Supreme in Yorkshire Puddings from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cranberry Mustard Pork Chop Skillet Dinner from Momma’s Meals
- Fideua (Catalan pasta paella) from Caroline’s Cooking
- French-Inspired Macaroni and Cheese from MyGourmetConnection
- Grandma’s Fried Chicken from The Freshman Cook
- Gluten Free Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Veggie Bowl from Fearless Dining
- Huevos Rancheros from Palatable Pastime
- Indian Spiced Roast Salmon from Soni’s Food
- Korean Spicy Braised Swordfish from kimchi MOM
- Larb Gai (Spicy Thai Chicken Salad) from Rhubarb and Honey
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken from Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Mediterranean Flatbread from Magnolia Days
- Mustard-Crusted Pork Roast from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Orchietti Pasta with Swiss Chard and White Cannelini Beans from Delaware Girl Eats
- Red Wine-Mushroom Braised Short Ribs from The Crumby Cupcake
- Rustic Portuguese Chicken Stew from Family Foodie
- Salsa Verde Turkey Shepherd’s Pie from Food Done Light
- Sausage & Pasta in a Quick Tomato Sauce from The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Savory Ham, Cheese and Sage Waffles from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- LemonyFettuccine.mp4Shrimp and Asparagus Crepes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Simple, Healthy, Light and Lemony Fettuccine from MidLife Road Trip
- Simple Roast Chicken from Get the Good Stuff
- Smoked Mozzarella and Sausage Pizza from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Smothered Pork Chops from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Spinach Spätzli with Sage and Speck from Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Turkey Cutlets with Sausage Stuffing from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Ultimate Mac and Cheese from Our Good Life
- Vegan Mexican Rice and Lentils from PancakeWarriors
- Ziti with Porcini Bolognese Sauce from Cooking Chat
- Gramma Buckholt’s Yeast Rolls from The Weekend Gourmet
- Lager and Rye Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower from Nosh My Way
- Sweet Potato Crescent Rolls from Wholistic Woman
- Winter Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bacon Buttermilk Biscuit with Chocolate Gravy from Brunch with Joy
- Caramel Apple Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Kahlua Buttercream Frosting from Flour On My Face
- Chocolate Hazelnut Tart from Taste And See
- Death by Chocolate from Desserts Required
- Fudge Frosted Brownies from Party Food and Entertaining
- Gluten Free Tropical Banana Pineapple Coconut Muffins from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Layered Mousse Cake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter Cup Flourless Chocolate Cake Roll from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pistachio Macaron with Apricot Ganache from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Take the Sunday Supper Month Pledge plus Family Friendly Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Help us celebrate National Sunday Supper Month by entering the Idaho® Potato Let’s Poutine recipe contest, sponsored by the Idaho Potato Commission, with prizes of $500, $200 and $100, plus a ticket for each winner to Food Wine Conference 2016. All the rules and conditions for entry can be found on our Sunday Supper Movement website.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.