Chef Debbie Frangipane lives and breaths love and life into every dish she creates. She has shared her culinary passion with others on her travels around Italy as Executive Chef and Culinary Director for Savory Adventures, as a television chef and in her soon to be released cookbook.
1. When did your love of cooking begin?
2. Who inspired you ?
3. What is your favorite method of food preparation and why?
4. Is there a region or culture whose culinary style you prefer? Why?
5. What is your favorite main course recipe?
7. Including any person(s) living or deceased ~Who would be seated at your ‘fantasy’ dinner table?
8. What tips do you have for budding chefs who are new to social media?
9. We’re all about exploring new places, people & foods. What’s on YOUR bucket list?
RECIPE: Fettuccine Alfredo
2 Tablespoons butter
¾ cup heavy whipping cream
1 pound fresh fettuccine
1 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, firmly packed
Begin boiling water in a pot large enough to support your pasta, generally a 3-4 quart pot. Once the water begins boiling, add 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons of salt to the water, BEFORE adding the pasta. Taste the water for salt, you should be able to taste the salt without it being overpowering.
While waiting for the water to come to a boil, place the butter and ½ cup of the whipped cream in a pan (large enough to hold the pasta later). Cook on medium heat just until the butter has melted and blends with the cream when stirred. Remove from the burner.
Boil the fettuccine just until it is almost “al dente”. For fresh fettuccine this should take about one minute. For dry fettuccine, this is usually a few minutes less than the time listed on the box. Drain.
Add the pasta to the butter and cream mixture and stir to ensure that the fettuccine is well coated.
Turn the heat on low, and stir in the cheese, the remaining cream, salt to taste, a bit of freshly ground pepper, and a hint of fresh grated nutmeg.
Serve immediately in warm bowls, and add additional grated parmesan on top just before serving.
For this and more GREAT recipes from Chef Debbie Frangipane go to: SavoryAdventures.com