After fattening myself up over the holidays, one of my perennial new year’s resolutions is to eat a healthier diet. I usually do pretty well sticking to it until the Super Bowl rolls around. I inevitably find myself at a party, watching the game, and succumbing to peer pressure by indulging in pizza, beer, whoopee pies, and football shaped Cocoa Krispies treats.
For the last several months I have been on a self imposed low-carb diet. Whenever I find myself in a party situation, I gravitate toward the low-carb food options. And since I’ve been doing some promotional work for Sanderson Farms, I’m always on the lookout for creative chicken dishes that I can share with my followers. Chicken has no carbs! In fact, the only ingredient in Sanderson Farms chicken is ……drum roll…… Chicken!
While at a tailgate party earlier this year, I discovered a warm Buffalo Chicken Dip that was a perfect pairing for football festivities. I first tried a little of it on a stick of celery. And then on another stick of celery. Then I grabbed a bowl intended for chili and filled it with the Buffalo Chicken Dip. I was met with an “I can’t believe you just did that” glare from my wife when I returned from my seat. I justified my action by explaining that A) it was the only low-carb option at the table and B) I wasn’t eating anything else. Besides, what was I supposed to do once it was in my bowl, put it back?
Here’s my version of that delicious buffalo chicken dip. It’s sure to be a healthy hit at your Super Bowl party! …as long as you eat it with celery, carrots, or pork rinds. Friends who aren’t counting carbs will love it with crackers or nacho chips – especially the scoop-able kind of chips because they hold more.
8 Sanderson Farms Clipped Chicken tenderloins
2 packs cream cheese
2/3 bottle of chunky blue cheese salad dressing (or Ranch dressing – which ever you prefer with buffalo wings)
12 oz bottle of your favorite buffalo hot sauce
1 cup of your favorite shredded cheese
2 sliced jalapeño peppers (optional for extra heat)
- Boil tenderloins in in water for about 10 minutes – set aside to cool
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine the cream cheese, chunky blue cheese dressing, and hot sauce in a large mixing bowl
- Using a mixer, food processor, or fork, thoroughly mix ingredients together
- Add the chicken and continue mixing until chicken is thoroughly shredded.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of shredded cheese
- Transfer the mixture into a casserole dish
- Top with remaining cheese
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted
- Stir and garnish the top of the dish with sliced jalapeños (if desired)
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving
- Eat, enjoy, and root for your team!
What’s your favorite dish to serve at a Super Bowl Party?