There is nothing more satisfying than preparing a special occasion meal for your family and friends. This roasted Certified Angus Beef® brand tenderloin with fresh herb crust and horseradish cream recipe is simple, flavorful and makes for a beautiful presentation. It’s perfect for the holidays and is easy enough to prepare so you get to spend more time entertaining than slaving away in a hot kitchen.
I’m a modern, tech-savvy mom who has a penchant for apps and my smartphone is always within arms length. So when Certified Angus Beef® brand created an app with recipes, suggestions on cut and size, and it even calculates exact cooking times, I downloaded it faster than you could say medium-rare. Always unsure if I am going to over cook my roasts, the app gave me a new found confidence and a perfectly roasted beef tenderloin. Did you know that Certified Angus Beef® brand is the highest quality of beef on the market?
My family loved this recipe and they’ve already requested that I make it for Christmas dinner. Since we’ll be spending the holidays in a cabin in the Smokey Mountains, I was beyond thrilled to find that Food City in Gatlinburg, Tennessee carries Certified Angus Beef® brand. It’s going to be a very, merry dinner indeed.
For the tenderloin:
- 2.5 to 3-pound piece of Certified Angus Beef® brand tenderloin (cut from the center of the tenderloin)
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp minced shallots
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 4 Tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 Tbsp finely chopped thyme
- 3 Tbsp fresh sage
- 1 cup of beef stock
For the red wine reduction:
- 1 thinly sliced shallot
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup of red wine ( always use a nice wine I will serve with dinner)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
For the horseradish cream:
- 1 1/2 cups of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of white horseradish
- 3 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp chopped chives
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Sprinkle some olive oil in a large skillet and brown Certified Angus Beef® brand Tenderloin on all sides. Transfer to a rack on a roasting pan, with 1 cup of beef stock. Save the skillet to the side.
Combine rosemary, thyme, sage, garlic, shallots, salt, pepper and olive oil in a small bowl and mix well. Rub mixture all over the tenderloin. Place in oven until your internal thermometer reaches a temperature of 125 to 130 degrees F (about 30-35 minutes) for a perfectly roasted tenderloin. Remove from roasting pan and let rest for about 15 minutes.
Place 1 thinly sliced shallot, 2 Tbsp minced garlic and 1 stick of unsalted butter into the skillet where you browned the tenderloin and sauté until the shallots are tender. Add 1 cup of red wine and heat until it is reduced. Slowly add in beef stock from the roasting pan and continue to simmer until sauce reduces further.
In a small chilled bowl combine 1 1/2 cups of sour cream, 1/2 cup of white horseradish, 3 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice, and 3 Tbsp chopped chives. Blend well and serve on the side.
Dr. Terry Simpson says: “Eat your steak with your veggies, and consider a good rub on it.” For more on a healthy diet, including beef, read more from Dr. Simpson on YourDoctorsOrders.com
Check out these other delicious Holiday Roasts:
- Apple Cider Dijon Marinated Tip Roast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Pot Roast by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Beef Roast and Cabbage by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Boliche (Cuban Stuffed Roast) by Magnolia Days
- Boneless Rib Roast with Roasted Garlic and Herbs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Bottom Sirloin Roast with Red Wine Onion Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Coffee Rubbed Roast Beef by Eat Picks
- Fennel and Herb Crusted Beef Tenderloin by Casa de Crews
- Garlic and Herb Crusted Ribeye Roast with Red Wine Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Herb & Garlic Crusted Roast by The Melrose Family
- Garlic Roast Beef Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Herbed Rotisserie Rib Roast with Portobello Mushroom Gravy by The Educators’ Spin On It
- Holiday Ribeye Roast by Family Foodie
- Miso Glazed Standing Rib Roast au Jus by kimchi MOM
- Mustard Crusted Roast Beef by Curious Cuisiniere
- Peppercorn Crusted Standing Rib Roast with Red Wine Au Jus by Food Done Light
- Petite Sirloin Roast Chasseur (Hunter’s Style) by Palatable Pastime
- Pomegranate Balsamic Glazed Prime Rib by I’m Not the Nanny
- Ribeye Roast with Harissa by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Fresh Herb Crust and Horseradish Cream by Midlife Road Trip
Disclosure statement: This post is sponsored by Certified Angus Beef® brand in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! Recipes tweeted throughout the day, from all over the world. The weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit the website or check out the Pinterest board.