This recipe for roast pork with magic gravy will not only fool the finicky kids in your life but the grown ups as well. This gravy has so much flavor they won’t have a clue that it’s jam packed with healthy goodness. The gravy is thick, rich, velvety and flavorful. How is this gravy magical you ask? Simple, they always come back for seconds!
- Start with a Boneless Pork Loin seasoned with sea salt, minced garlic, rosemary and black pepper.
- Brown seasoned pork in a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Peel and chop 2 apples (I used green)
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- Spray roasting pan with olive oil to coat and place vegetables in roasting pan with Pork Loin and 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and cook for 20 to 22 minutes per pound or until internal temperature reaches 160°F
- Place the roasted carrots, onions, apples and juices in a blender (I use a Vitamix) and puree
- The trick here is to disguise the pureed vegetables by combining them with a packaged gravy. (I prefer Pioneer Brand)
- Slowly combine pureed vegetable mixture into prepared sauce pan with prepared packaged gravy.
What are some “magical” dishes you serve your family?