Here’s a photo album of some of our favorite photos from Memphis, Tennessee. Memphis is rich in history and is known as the birthplace of rock ’n roll, home of the blues, and quite possibly the BBQ capital of the universe.
In this album you will see photos of:
- Down town Memphis
- The Peabody Hotel and the Famous Marching Peabody Ducks
- Graceland – Elvis Presley’s mansion and several of his cars including his famous pink Cadillac
- Rendezvous – the ultimate man cave and home of the best dry rub ribs on the planet
- Some of the tasty food we found around Memphis
- The Lorraine Hotel where Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was assassinated
- Night life on Beale Street
- Stax Record Studio with Isaac Hayes’ pimped-out 1972 Cadillac Eldorado
- Sun Studio where the careers of Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Johnny Cash were launched. We were fortunate enough to be there when the Broadway cast of Million Dollar Quartet was shooting publicity photos. The guy cast as Elvis really looks like a young Elvis!
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, which happens to be one of our favorite charities.
The entire catalog of our Memphis photos can be found on our Flickr page.
Special thanks to Verizon Wireless for providing me with the smartphone I used to take and edit many of the photographs in this album. #VZWBuzz