1. Saute carrots, onion and ginger in butter until soft
2. Add 2 cups of broth and simmer until tender
3. Place oranges, orange peel and cooked vegetable mixture into Vitamix container and secure lid
4. Select variable 1.
5. Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to variable 10, then to High.
6. Blend 30-45 seconds until smooth. Adjust consistency with remain 2 cups (I only used one of the 2 cups and it had a creamy, velvety texture)
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Makes 5 cups. Serve hot or cold. Garnish with light sour cream and chopped cilantro